Recently, I made a chicken picatta recipe, which rocked. I mean, it blew my mind. So I thought, “hey, this lemon/artichoke thing has to work with other proteins, right?” And indeed it does! I’m still working out the possibilities, but the first match I’ve found is tilapia- a buttery, flaky fish that is gentle on the fishiness and heavy on the good stuff. If you’ve never had it- it’s time to try. Seriously, it’s wonderful. If you’ve had tilapia before- you’ll love this recipe. Guaranteed.
Baked Lemon & Artichoke Tilapia
- 2 filets tilapia
- 1 lemon
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (f).
- Lay tilapia side-by-side in an oven-safe dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Salt/pepper as desired.
- Cut artichoke hearts into manageable pieces, scatter over/around fish.
- Slice lemon thinly, scatter over/around fish.
- Baked for 18-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve, and enjoy.
Do you have a favorite tilapia dish? Share it in the comments.
Download the .pdf version of this recipe: Baked Lemon & Artichoke Tilapia