We like em naked, we like em clothed, and yes my purist friends, we even like them with ketchup. (Some would say that last statement is blasphemy, and to them I say, “get over it”.)
Because of our love for all things burgers and grilling, we’re constantly on the lookout for more ways to indulge in this seemingly all-American food choice. And hey, if we can do it semi-healthfully, we will! Here’s a recipe that never fails to satisfy AND encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Grilled Hawaiian Burgers with Onion and Pineapple
Recipe borrowed from www.weightwatchers.com
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger root, freshly grated
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 slices of pineapple
- ½ medium vidalia onion, cut into rings
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the grill.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, scallions, teriyaki sauce, ginger, and garlic until thoroughly mixed. Form four equal sized patties.
- Lightly coat burgers, pineapple, and onion with cooking spray, place on grill.
- Grill every thing until done. Pineapple and onion should have golden edges, burgers to your liking.
- Serve burger naked with pineapple and onions.
Do you have a favorite burger recipe? Share it in the comments!
Download the .pdf version of this recipe: Grilled Hawaiian Burgers With Onion & Pineapple