I hope this weekend left you feeling happy, rejuvenated, and healthy. We had a decent one ourselves- the little one caught pink eye (yuck!), we went and look at more houses (yay!), and the kiddo also transitioned to a big boy bed (hooray!)! Oh, AND we did spring cleaning (grumble…)! What a weekend, huh? Needless to say, I don’t feel very recuperated myself, but I’m ready for this week- my mom is coming to visit!
In celebration of a new week, I’m posting another of my “Top10 Recipes” lists, this time in the soup category. Keep in mind, (like always), that I haven’t made all these soups. However, I have studied the ingredients lists, and I’ve determined these to be my top 10 choices for soup recipes available. Also note that it is impossible for me to see every single soup recipe that has ever been posted on the web. It’s just not feasible, guys. If you think your recipe should be on the list, add it to the comments- we’d still love to see it!
(Photo credit goes to our number 1 spot!)
And with that, drum roll please!
- Torview – Asparagus Potato Soup is full of summery flavors that not only encourage well being but also tides you over- winner!
- Oh She Glows – It’s got like a million ingredients- but they’re all fresh, hearty, and sure to live up to the recipe’s name: healing stew.
- Eats Well with Others – It’s Jamie Oliver’s veggie jalfrezi. You know it’s going to be good- it’s a soup recipe by a good-lookin Brit. Just try it.
- Scandi Foodie – Wild mushroom soup. I’m pretty much addicted to anything containing mushrooms. Yum.
- Thinking About Food – A lamb and barley beauty that’s sure to chase the last hints of winter out of sight and out of mind.
- ATX Gluten Free – I’m a big proponent of those who eat gluten-free, (though I can’t do it myself- carbaholic, remember?), and a HUGE proponent of all things crock-pot. This curried carrot soup is so fine.
- The Bowl and Loaf – A hearty beef and barley soup- so much good stuff.
- Maybe Next Week – A recipe adapted from a spiced butternut soup, made into a spiced veggie soup- could it be more perfect? Nope.
- 365 Clever Cookbooks – Yeah, it’s another asparagus soup, but that stuff is so hot right now!
- Foodie4theFuture – Okay, it sounds weird, (cucumber avocado soup with shrimp and purple chive blossoms), but it looks amazing, and I submit that it could not be any fresher. Perfect.
So there they are- 10 ways to do soup right!
Hey, before you go, since obviously I love Top 10 lists, we’re doing a CHOCOLATE DESSERT top 10 list next Monday. This list is in honor of my pregnancy, since I just can’t seem to get enough of the chocolate these days. If you’ve got a recipe you think should be considered, please put the link in the comments here- then check back Monday!
Have a great week. 🙂