It’s spring. It’s perfect. The breeze is playing gently in the trees, the bunnies are starting to come out to play, and the mosquitos haven’t hatched yet. The sky is that delightful blue, kids are playing outside, and this pregnant lady isn’t holding so much water she can’t wear her flip flops (yet). Yes, it’s a beautiful time of year.
And, as you know, there are culinary benefits to the beautiful changes in climate as well. I could name a thousand brilliant foods that are at their peak right now, but just a few are those used in this recipe: tomatoes, bell peppers, and… well there’s feta in it too (albeit it’s always in season).
This is the kind of meal that not only looks beautiful, but encourages a beautiful self-image as well. I mean, it’s super healthy, super satisfying, and super amazing in all ways possible. Also: easy. WINNING!
Tomato & Feta Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Cut peppers in halt. Remove and discard seeds and white membranes.
- Arrange peppers, cut sides down, on the rack of the uncovered grill for 4 minutes.
- Fill peppers with tomatoes, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill for 4 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, grill 2 more minutes, or until cheese is soft.
- Remove from grill, sprinkle with basil leaves, serve immediately.
Do you have a fave grill recipe? Share it in the comments!
Download the .pdf of this recipe: Stuffed Bell Peppers