Healthy desserts FTW! (Healthy-ER.) Easy, warm, and could be mistaken for heaven.
And Happy Mother’s Day!
Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- honey (to taste)
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (f).
- Cut squash in half from top to bottom.
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Place squash halves on a rimmed-cookie sheet, inside-up.
- Spread butter on the squash.
- Put one tablespoon of brown sugar into the hallow of each squash half.
- Bake squash for 30-40 minutes, or until you can stick a fork into the squash easily.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool (not to room temperature, but cool enough to be handled.)
- Scoop squash meat out, put into the food processor. Blend until smooth, add honey to taste.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Do you have a favorite healthier dessert? Share it in the comments!
Download the .pdf of this recipe: Butternut Squash Puree