- They taste good.
- I always have the stuff on hand to make them.
Of course, I’ve got faves that don’t meet the second requirement, but they’re not in this special category. Nay, this category, (let’s call it the “right now!” category for today), is for those special recipes that not only satisfy the palate but also the time crunch. This recipe, Sticky Chicken, is the #1 in this category- by far.
Recipe adapted from About.com.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ -full tbsp cornstarch (to achieve desired thickness)
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken to sauce. Return to a gentle boil, over medium heat.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix cornstarch with ½ cup water, add to sauce. Repeat, if necessary, until sauce is to desired thickness.
- Serve over rice.
Do you have any “right now!” recipes? Please share them in the comments!
Download the .pdf of this recipe: Sticky Chicken