I love salad. There are many reasons for this. I’d be lying if I said the first reason was anything other than salads are freakin’ easy. They require nearly no cooking (usually) and clean up well. Boom. I’m sold. As if that weren’t enough, they also are fresh, cool, and most of them are downright gorgeous. I’m usually more comfortable bringing a salad to a group potluck event than I am any other dish- mostly because I KNOW it’s going to be a hit.
This is one of those “I KNOW it’s going to be a hit” recipes. Simple, fresh, delicious.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 packages spinach
- 1 pint strawberries
- feta cheese
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves (bakes 15 min at 300 degrees F)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp minced onion
- 1 cup oil
- 1 ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- Put spinach, sliced strawberries, and pecans in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix dressing.
- Combine salad and dressing.
- Allow friends to ooh and ahh over your brilliance.
Do you have any easy salads you’d like to share? Put them in the comments!
Download the .pdf version of this recipe HERE.