Woohoo! It’s Monday! Time for another top 10 list. Now, to be clear, (and fair to those who aren’t included in this list), it’s impossible for me to sift through every single burger recipe that has ever been posted on the web since the dawn of time. So these are the top 10 I found when I was poking around. I guarantee you’ll be entertained and hungry by the end of the list.
A note on burger-recipe-searching on the web: oh. my. word. there are so many veggie, turkey, fish, chicken, and generally-non-beef burger recipes! Is anyone else surprised at this fact? With that in mind, not all of these are beef. But, ALL of them are awesome.
So here they are, in no particular order:
- Manna & Quail – They’re on a search for the perfect burger. Can you believe they say this ISN’T the best? It sure looks that way to me. 😉
- The Wayward Cook – Proof that sometimes the best burgers are the simplest.
- Life Tastes Like Food – The best blue cheese burger ever. Okay, so it’s my recipe. But it’s NOT my blog, so it’s fair… right?
- The Paleo Project – Another simple burger- but gorgeous. Also, Jenna from The Paleo Project is starting a column here on The Frugal Flambe in a couple of weeks! Get to know her today, check her out here later.
- The Burger Spot – Anything cooked on a glazed donut sounds worth a look to me. I doubt I’d ever be brave enough to do it, but jeez, it belongs in the top 10.
- BackCountryFishNerd – The blog name is hilarious, and anyone who includes Samuel L Jackson’s clip from Pulp Fiction in their burger post deserves at least a nod. Also, the burger looks awesome.
- NicholasLeach.com – This is a burger with a fried egg on top- WIN.
- Can You Stay for Dinner? – Paired with a hilarious story about a burning potholder and an inconveniently closed window (read the post, it’s awesome), this tuna burger makes me want to throw a party. Legitimately.
- Vivek’s Epicurean Adventures – It’s made of turkey, stuffed with cheese, and topped with a grilled apple. What?! Brilliant.
- Fork and Stein – Beer. Burgers. A better combo may not exist. Mixed together? Possible nirvana.
Next Monday we’ll be doing a Top 10 PASTA Dishes post- if you’ve got a great one, post the link here. I can’t guarantee it’ll make the list, but you’ll have a better shot than if I have to go hunting for it, ya know.