Big news this week- the hubbster got a promotion!!! We were so stoked, we decided to skip the leftovers I had planned for Friday night, and instead, went out to supper at TGI Fridays (on a gift card from Christmas- you KNOW we ain’t payin full price for restaurant food. Jeez.) It was awesome. I had my fav, the bruschetta pasta dish (awesome!), and Mike had the chicken piccata. We were inspired by both dishes, but it just so happened I had artichoke hearts in the cupboard, so that’s what we made this week. It. Was. Delicious. The recipe is adapted from The Food Network.
Artichoke & Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- White rice
- Place chicken in zip-loc bags and pound with a meat mallet until ¼ inch thick.
- Remove chicken from bag and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish combine flour, lemon zest, paprika, and garlic powder. Add chicken to coat. Shake off extra flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add lemon juice, wine, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Add artichoke hearts and simmer to heat through.
- Cook rice in a rice cooker.
- Put chicken, sauce, and artichoke hearts over the rice.
Do you have any recipes inspired by yummy dishes you tried at a restaurant? We’d like to hear them! Leave them in the comments- seriously, we’re hungry.
Download the .pdf version of this recipe HERE.