I recently struck grocery-store gold and found a coupon for 1/2 price Gold’n’Plump boneless skinless chicken breasts. I was excited. So excited, in fact, that I bought four packages- stock up while you can, right? Right. So here I am, loading four packages of meat into my freezer, when, literally, my husband walks in with his own bag of four 1/2 price Gold’n’Plump boneless skinless chicken breasts. And guess what? He is SO EXCITED. “Look at the deal I found, babe! Stock up while you can, right?”
Needless to say, my freezer is FULL of chicken. (Speaking of which, are you free to come over for supper sometime in the next couple of weeks? I have no room in my freezer for leftovers.) This is good news for you, readers- now I’ve got all the meat I can handle and enough recipes to make it worth giving up the freezer space. Chicken lovers of the world unite: I give you a new recipe!
Recipe adapted from The Food Network.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per diner
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil leaves, plus 2 tbsp freshly minced basil leaves
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Splash white cooking wine
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir chopped basil into melted butter.
- Dip chicken in basil butter, then in breadcrumbs.
- Pour remaining basil butter into pan over medium heat, add wine, minced garlic.
- Sear chicken on medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side, then put entire pan into the over for approximately 12 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through- check with a knife).
- Allow chicken to rest for 3-5 minutes, loosely covered with foil.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves if desired.
Do you guys have any fave chicken recipes? Lord knows I’ve got enough chicken to try most of them- leave the recipes/links in the comments!
Download .pdf version of this recipe HERE.